All sessions are highly practical and interactive. McMillan will focus on real situations as much as possible and relevant case studies where this is not the case. This program is a pragmatic program with opportunity for the participants to practice and apply the content and skills.
The course covers:
- Resume writing and formatting
- Responding to selection criteria
- Writing application and cover letters
- Job interviews
In addition to delivery of training McMillan will offer individual career coaching sessions for students. These sessions will be provided on an ‘as requested’ basis and are not a mandatory component of the training program.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Choosing the right layout and format for a resume, highlighting accomplishments and choosing the right words
- Understanding the ILS framework
- Responding using examples and linking to the requirements
- The STAR principle
- Structures and formats of application and cover letters, choosing the right words
- Preparing for interviews
- Types of interviews and interview questions
- Responding to interview questions
- Managing nervousness
- Practicing for interviews
Anybody currently applying for a job, or anticipating applying for one in the near future.
This course can be tailored to business needs and can be run over a half day.
Career Coaching Sessions
$275 +GST per person
To book this workshop today or to find out more, please submit your details below and we will be in contact immediately.