This is a hands-on workshop where participants are encouraged to bring past documentation including resumes, and a copy of the job they are applying for. By the end of the session, participants will have made a serious start on their application and increased their levels of confidence in preparing this often daunting task.
The course covers:
- The recruitment process
- Covering letters / application forms
- Resume creation
- Addressing selection criteria
- Group work
- Application review
In addition to delivery of training McMillan will offer individual career coaching sessions for students. These sessions will be provided on an ‘as requested’ basis and are not a mandatory component of the training program.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Research and prepare for applying for a position
- Understand the recruitment and selection process
- Tailor a resume to each application
- Read and interpret job advertisements and selection criteria
- Identify and document what you have to offer – skills and results
Anybody currently applying for a job, or anticipating applying for one in the near future.
This course can be tailored to business needs and can be run over one full day or a half day. The full day workshop provides participants with comprehensive information and provides practical sessions allowing for participants to spend time on their applications and receive specific feedback.
To book this workshop today or to find out more, please submit your details below and we will be in contact immediately.