McMillan has an existing Job Application, Resume Writing and Interview Skills workshop that can be run in a variety of ways including one-on-one personal coaching sessions. Our course will focus on real situations as much as possible and relevant case studies where this is not the case. This program is a pragmatic program with opportunity for the participants to practice and apply the content and skills.
The session can include the following topics:
- Choosing the right layout and format for a resume, highlighting accomplishments and choosing the right words
- Understanding the ILS framework
- Responding using examples and linking to the requirements
- The STAR principle
- Structures and formats of application and cover letters, choosing the right words
- Preparing for interviews
- Types of interviews and interview questions
- Responding to interview questions
- Managing nervousness
- Practicing for interviews
In addition to delivery of training McMillan will offer individual career coaching sessions for students. These sessions will be provided on an ‘as requested’ basis and are not a mandatory component of the training program.
We will tailor our existing course to meet the agency’s requirements. At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the agency recruitment process
- Utilise tools and techniques to prepare applications and participate in the interview process
- Prepare EOI applications and participate in agency EOI processes
- Draft EOI applications
- Gain practical insight into interview preparation
- Maximise the use of post interview feedback for future advantage
This course can be tailored to business needs and can be run over one full day or a half day. The full day workshop provides participants with comprehensive information and provides practical sessions allowing for participants to spend time on their applications and receive specific feedback.
To book this workshop today or to find out more, please submit your details below and we will be in contact immediately.