The Diploma of Leadership and Management qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
They plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
By the end of this qualification participants will be able to:
- communicate with business contacts to promote the goals and objectives of the business
- obtain feedback from colleagues and clients
- lead, plan and supervise the performance of team members to develop team cohesion and to foster innovative work practices
- access and assess information for accuracy and relevance
- develop strategies for minimising risks
- identify networking opportunities and developing operational strategies to ensure the viability of the business
- instigate new or different work practices to improve productivity or service delivery
- allocate work to meet time and budget constraints
- develop plans and schedules
- participate in professional networks and associations to obtain and maintain personal knowledge and skills
- systematically identify learning and development needs
- use business technology to access, organise and monitor information.
Total number of units = 12
4 core units plus
8 elective units, of which:
4 elective units must be selected from Group A
up to 4 may be additional units from Group A or Group B
if not listed below, up to 2 electives may be from Diploma or above in the Business Services Training Package
if not listed below, 1 elective unit may be from any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course at Diploma level.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
- BSBLDR501 Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBMGT517 Manage operational plan
- BSBLDR502 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBWOR502 Lead and manage team effectiveness
- BSBCUS501 Manage quality customer service
- BSBFIM501 Manage budgets and financial plans
- BSBHRM405 Support the recruitment, selection and induction staff
- BSBINN502 Build and sustain an innovative work environment
- BSBMGT502 Manage people performance
- BSBMGT516 Facilitate continuous improvement
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
- BSBRSK501 Manage risk
- BSBWHS501 Ensure a safe workplace
- BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBADM502 Manage meetings
- BSBCOM503 Develop processes for the management of breaches in compliance requirements
- BSBHRM512 Develop and manage performance-management processes
- BSBHRM513 Manage workforce planning
- BSBINM501 Manage an information or knowledge management system
- BSBLED501 Develop a workplace learning environment
- BSBSLS501 Develop a sales plan
- BSBSLS502 Lead and manage a sales team
- BSBSUS501 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- BSBWRK510 Manage employee relations
Approximately 12 months
This qualification has no entry requirements.
- Online learning
$3950 - Payment information
This qualification can be delivered through a Traineeship in the ACT which would greatly reduce the price. State and commonwealth funding may be available for eligible participants. Find out more about Traineeship options.
To start training or to find out more, submit your details below and we will be in contact with you immediately.
Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne