The Diploma of Human Resources Management qualification reflects the role of individuals who work in a range of support positions in human resources management. In smaller companies they may work across all human resources functional areas and in larger companies they may be assigned responsibilities in units or business areas focused on discrete human resources functions, such as remuneration, workforce planning or human resources information systems.
By the end of this qualification participants will be able to:
- use communication to develop and maintain effective work relationships and networks
- use negotiation and conflict-management skills to resolve issues
- actively encourage consultation and cooperation on human resources initiatives
- assist managers to address performance-management issues
- seek and valuing contributions to develop and refine new ideas and approaches
- gather, organising and presenting workplace information
- participate in professional networks and associations to obtain and maintain skills and knowledge
Number of Units: 9
6 core unit plus, 3 elective units
At least 2 of the elective units must be selected from the elective units listed below.
The remaining elective units may be selected from the elective units listed below, from this Training Package or from any current accredited course or endorsed Training Package at the same qualification level. If not listed below, 1 elective unit may be selected from a Certificate IV qualification or above.
Elective units must be relevant to the work outcome, local industry requirements and the qualification level.
- BSBHRM501 Manage human resources services
- BSBHRM506 Manage recruitment selection and induction processes
- BSBHRM512 Develop and manage performance-management processes
- BSBHRM513 Manage workforce planning
- BSBWRK510 Manage employee relations
- BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- BSBDIV501 Manage diversity in the workplace
- BSBFIM501 Manage budgets and financial plans
- BSBFIM502 Manage payroll
- BSBHRM502 Manage human resources management information systems
- BSBHRM505 Manage remuneration and employee benefits
- BSBHRM507 Manage separation or termination
- BSBHRM509 Manage rehabilitation or return to work programs
- BSBHRM510 Manage mediation processes
- BSBHRM511 Manage expatriate staff
- BSBINM501 Manage an information or knowledge management system
- BSBINN601 Lead and manage organisational change
- BSBITU402 Develop and use complex spreadsheets
- BSBLED501 Develop a workplace learning environment
- BSBLED502 Manage programs that promote personal effectiveness
- BSBMGT502 Manage people performance
- BSBMGT516 Facilitate continuous improvement
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
- BSBRKG502 Manage and monitor business or records system
- BSBRSK501 Manage risk
- BSBSUS501 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- BSBWHS501 Ensure a safe workplace
- BSBWHS506 Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
Approximately 12 months
This qualification has no entry requirements.
- Online learning
$3950 - Payment information
This qualification can be delivered through a Traineeship in the ACT which would greatly reduce the price. State and commonwealth funding may be available for eligible participants. Find out more about Traineeship options.
To start training or to find out more, submit your details below and we will be in contact with you immediately.
Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne