This qualification allows for the attainment of competencies required for independent and self-directed work in the public sector. There may be supervisory responsibilities.
The generalist qualification is particularly suited to those working in an environment where there are a range of responsibilities which are diverse in nature rather than within a narrow specialisation and/or who work in small or regionally based organisations. Chosen elective units should reflect the responsibilities of the individual.
Number of Units: 11
4 core unit plus, 7 elective units
Choose 1 elective unit from Group A Work health safety
Generalist, a minimum of 4 units from Groups B-E or from elsewhere within this training package.
Choose the remaining electives from the list below or from elsewhere within this training package, or from another endorsed training package, or from an accredited course.
- PSPETH003 Promote the values and ethos of public service
- PSPGEN047 Promote diversity
- PSPGEN054 Use complex workplace communication strategies
- PSPLEG003 Promote compliance with legislation in the public sector
- BSBWHS301 Maintain workplace safety
- BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
Group E: General elective units
- PSPGEN050 Manage conflict
- PSPGEN052 Undertake and promote career management
- PSPGEN053 Provide leadership
- PSPGEN056 Manage change
- BSBLDR501 Develop and use emotional intelligence
Group C: Workplace inspection specialisation
- PSPMGT007 Manage risk
Group D: Policy development specialisation
- PSPPCY006 Develop organisation policy
Another endorsed training package
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
Approximately 12 months
This qualification has no entry requirements.
- Online learning
*This qualification can be delivered through a Traineeship in the ACT which would greatly reduce the price. State and commonwealth funding may be available for eligible participants. Find out more about Traineeship options.
To start training or to find out more, submit your details below and we will be in contact with you immediately.