Certificate IV in Training and Assessment - TAE40110
This qualification reflects the roles of individuals delivering training and assessment services in the vocational education and training (VET) sector.
This qualification, or the skill sets derived from units of competency within it, is also suitable preparation for those engaged in the delivery of training and assessment of competence in a workplace context, as a component of a structured VET program.
By the end of this qualification participants will be able to:
- Conduct training in a safe environment
- Select appropriate training methods
- Respond to diverse needs of learners and apply inclusivity
- Employ appropriate communication strategies and techniques
- Discuss training objectives, activities and assessment with training participants
- Deliver information, content in a sequential and logically way
- Take a systematic but flexible approach to training
- Respond effectively to contingencies
- Use the principles of adult learning effectively
- Respond to learning styles of the participants
- Provide opportunities for practice as required
- Use PPT slides effectively
- Give effective feedback to learners
- Draw the session to closure
- Encourage learners to self-evaluate
- Evaluate training and modify future training activities
Total number of units = 10
7 core units plus
3 elective units
At least 2 elective units must be selected from the elective units listed below. One elective unit may be selected from any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course. Elective units must be relevant to the work outcome, local industry requirements and the qualification level. Where a unit is chosen from another currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course, it must be from a qualification or course at Certificate III level or above, and must contribute towards the vocational outcome of the program.
- TAEASS401B Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS402B Assess competence
- TAEASS403B Participate in assessment validation
- TAEDEL401A Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
- TAEDEL402A Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
- TAEDES401A Design and develop learning programs
- TAEDES402A Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
- TAEASS301B Contribute to assessment
- TAEASS502B Design and develop assessment tools
- TAEDEL301A Provide work skill instruction
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skill
This qualification has no entry requirements.
- Online learning
$3600 - Payment information
This qualification can be delivered through a Traineeship in the ACT. State and commonwealth funding may be available for eligible participants. Find out more about Traineeship options.
To start training or to find out more, submit your details below and we will be in contact with you immediately.