The Certificate IV in Leadership and Management qualification reflects the role of individuals working as developing and emerging leaders and managers in a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
As well as assuming responsibility for their own performance, individuals at this level provide leadership, guidance and support to others. They also have some responsibility for organising and monitoring the output of their team.
They apply solutions to a defined range of predictable and unpredictable problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources.
By the end of this qualification participants will be able to:
- communicate with team members and management to ensure open communication channels and to clarify issues
- resolve conflict and disputes in the work team
- develop risk management approaches
- develop techniques to address faults and inefficiencies
- identify and develop opportunities for improved work practices
- prepare work plans and budgets
- coach and mentor colleagues and team members to support the introduction of change
- use business technology such as computer programs and telecommunications to collect and manage information.
Total number of units = 12
4 core units plus
8 elective units , of which:
- 4 units must be from Group A
- up to 4 units may be additional units selected from Group A
- up to 4 units may be selected from Group B
- if not listed below, 1 unit may be from any currently endorsed Training Package at Certificate IV level or above OR any accredited course at Certificate IV level.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
- BSBLDR401 Communicate effectively as a workplace leader
- BSBLDR402 Lead effective workplace relationships
- BSBLDR403 Lead team effectiveness
- BSBMGT402 Implement operational plan
- BSBFIA402 Report on financial activity
- BSBINN301 Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBMGT403 Implement continuous improvement
- BSBREL402 Build client relationships and business networks
- BSBRSK401 Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- BSBWOR404 Develop work priorities
- BSBADM409 Coordinate business resources
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
- BSBCUS401 Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies
- BSBCUS402 Address customer needs
- BSBCUS403 Implement customer service standards
- BSBINM401 Implement workplace information system
- BSBLED401 Develop teams and individuals
- BSBMGT401 Show leadership in the workplace
- BSBMGT404 Lead and facilitate off-site staff
- BSBMKG413 Promote products and services
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
- BSBRES401 Analyse and present research information
- BSBSUS401 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- BSBWRT401 Write complex documents
Approximately 12 months
This qualification has no entry requirements.
- Online learning
$3600 - Payment information
This qualification can be delivered through a Traineeship in the ACT which would greatly reduce the price. State and commonwealth funding may be available for eligible participants. Find out more about Traineeship options.
To start training or to find out more, submit your details below and we will be in contact with you immediately.