The Certificate IV in Human Resources qualification is suitable for individuals working in a range of human resources management positions. Job roles could include human resources assistants, human resources coordinators, human resources administrators and payroll officers.
Workplace responsibilities would be determined at a workplace level. Some smaller business may require employees to work across all aspects of human resources. In larger companies, individuals may just have responsibility for a singular aspect of human resources such as remuneration.
By the end of this qualification participants will be able to:
- Use communication to develop and maintain effective work relationships and networks
- use negotiation and conflict-management skills to resolve issues
- actively encourage consultation and cooperation on human resources initiatives
- assist managers to address performance-management issues
- seek and valuing contributions to develop and refine new ideas and approaches
- gather, organising and presenting workplace information
- participate in professional networks and associations to obtain and maintain skills and knowledge
Total number of units = 10
6 core units plus 4 elective units
The remaining elective units may be selected from the elective units listed below, from this Training Package or from any current accredited course or endorsed Training Package at the same qualification level. If not listed below, 2 elective units may be selected from a Certificate III qualification or Diploma qualification.
Elective units must be relevant to the work outcome, local industry requirements and the qualification level.
- BSBHRM403 Support performance-management processes
- BSBHRM404 Review human resources functions
- BSBHRM405 Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
- BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- BSBLDR402 Lead effective workplace relationships
- BSBWRK411 Support employee and industrial relations procedures
- BSBADM405 Organise meetings
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
- BSBCUS402 Address customer needs
- BSBCUS403 Implement customer service standards
- BSBEMS401 Develop and implement business development strategies to expand client base
- BSBEMS402 Develop and implement strategies to source and assess candidates
- BSBEMS403 Develop and provide employment management services to candidates
- BSBEMS404 Manage the recruitment process for client organisations
- BSBFIA302 Process payroll
- BSBFIA402 Report on financial activity
- BSBINM401 Implement workplace information system
- BSBINN301 Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBITU304 Produce spreadsheets
- BSBITU401 Design and develop complex text documents
- BSBITU402 Develop and use complex spreadsheets
- BSBITU404 Produce complex desktop published documents
- BSBLED401 Develop teams and individuals
- BSBREL401 Establish networks
- BSBRES401 Analyse and present research information
- BSBRKG404 Monitor and maintain records in an online environment
- BSBRSK401 Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- BSBSUS401 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- BSBWOR402 Promote team effectiveness
- BSBWRT401 Write complex documents
- TAEDEL301 Provide work skill instruction
Approximately 12 months
This qualification has no entry requirements.
- Online learning
$3600 - Payment information
This qualification can be delivered through a Traineeship in the ACT which would greatly reduce the price. State and commonwealth funding may be available for eligible participants. Find out more about Traineeship options.
To start training or to find out more, submit your details below and we will be in contact with you immediately.
Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne