Certificate IV in Government- PSP40116
The Certificate IV in Government qualification covers the competencies required for working without supervision in the public sector. This qualification is particularly suited to those working in an environment requiring multi skilled personnel and/or in small or regionally based organisations. Graduates at this level will apply knowledge and skills to demonstrate autonomy, judgement and limited responsibility or changing contexts and within established parameters.
By the end of this qualification participants will be able apply a range of methods, tools, materials and information to:
- deal with complex enquiries and complaints, giving directions, managing meetings and making workplace and public presentations, as well as speaking, listening and reading non-verbal cues, reading, writing and visual literacy. It includes the use of written communication involving the evaluation and composition of complex workplace documents, interpreting and evaluating workplace information, composing complex written materials and editing.
- promote the value of workplace diversity and the contribution it makes to effective work practices, the generation of new ideas, and the organisation's responsiveness to the community. This includes promoting the benefits of workplace diversity and contributing to diversity outcomes.
- use collaborative planning with other workgroup members to integrate individual plans and build working relationships and identify work methods and practices and negotiate goals and outcomes to implement plans, in consultation with others. This includes providing feedback to workgroup members in regard to quality of client service delivery.
- the collection and analysis of information to achieve work unit objectives and meet client needs. It includes identifying and collecting information, analysing and interpreting information, developing and applying workable solutions, presenting information and maintaining information. This also includes carrying out more detailed analysis of information as required using relevant techniques including mathematical calculations and methods for numerical/graphical information.
- the exercise of delegations in the public sector, including confirming the delegation, applying other interacting legislation, policy and guidelines, and exercising delegations.
- the application of knowledge of government processes, including applying information relating to machinery of government, and applying knowledge of organisational functions and protocols, Legislation and regulations applying across the public sector, such as equal employment opportunity, equity and diversity.
Number of Units: 15
6 core unit plus, 9 elective units
1 elective unit must be selected from the Group A units listed below.
8 elective units may be selected from the Group B units listed below or from this Training Package or a maximum of 4 elective units from any current accredited course or endorsed Training Package at the same qualification level or higher. If not listed below, 2 elective units may be selected from a lower level qualification.
Elective units must be relevant to the work outcome, local industry requirements and the qualification level.
- PSPETH001 Uphold the values and principles of public service
- PSPGEN023 Deliver and monitor service to clients
- PSPGEN029 Value diversity
- PSPGEN043 Apply government processes
- PSPLEG002 Encourage compliance with legislation in the public sector
- PSPPCY004 Support policy implementation
- BSBWHS201 Contribute to health and safety of self and others
- BSBWHS301 Maintain workplace safety
- BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- BSBHRM404 Review human resource functions
- BSBHRM405 Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
- BSBLDR402 Lead effective workplace relationships
- BSBPMG410 Apply project time management techniques
- BSBPMG413 Apply project human resources management approaches
- BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBWRK411 Support employee and industrial relations procedures
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
- BSBSUS401 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
Approximately 12 months
This qualification has no entry requirements.
$3600 - Payment information
This qualification can be delivered through a Traineeship in the ACT. State and commonwealth funding may be available for eligible participants. Find out more about Traineeship options.
To start training or to find out more, submit your details below and we will be in contact with you immediately.