Certificate IV in Government- PSP40112
The Certificate IV in Government qualification covers the competencies required for working without supervision in the public sector. This qualification is particularly suited to those working in an environment requiring multi skilled personnel and/or in small or regionally based organisations. Graduates at this level will apply knowledge and skills to demonstrate autonomy, judgement and limited responsibility or changing contexts and within established parameters.
By the end of this qualification participants will be able apply a range of methods, tools, materials and information to:
- deal with complex enquiries and complaints, giving directions, managing meetings and making workplace and public presentations, as well as speaking, listening and reading non-verbal cues, reading, writing and visual literacy. It includes the use of written communication involving the evaluation and composition of complex workplace documents, interpreting and evaluating workplace information, composing complex written materials and editing.
- promote the value of workplace diversity and the contribution it makes to effective work practices, the generation of new ideas, and the organisation's responsiveness to the community. This includes promoting the benefits of workplace diversity and contributing to diversity outcomes.
- use collaborative planning with other workgroup members to integrate individual plans and build working relationships and identify work methods and practices and negotiate goals and outcomes to implement plans, in consultation with others. This includes providing feedback to workgroup members in regard to quality of client service delivery.
- the collection and analysis of information to achieve work unit objectives and meet client needs. It includes identifying and collecting information, analysing and interpreting information, developing and applying workable solutions, presenting information and maintaining information. This also includes carrying out more detailed analysis of information as required using relevant techniques including mathematical calculations and methods for numerical/graphical information.
- the exercise of delegations in the public sector, including confirming the delegation, applying other interacting legislation, policy and guidelines, and exercising delegations.
- the application of knowledge of government processes, including applying information relating to machinery of government, and applying knowledge of organisational functions and protocols, Legislation and regulations applying across the public sector, such as equal employment opportunity, equity and diversity.
Number of Units: 15
6 core unit plus, 9 elective units
1 elective unit must be selected from the Group A units listed below.
8 elective units may be selected from the Group B units listed below or from this Training Package or a maximum of 4 elective units from any current accredited course or endorsed Training Package at the same qualification level or higher. If not listed below, 2 elective units may be selected from a lower level qualification.
Elective units must be relevant to the work outcome, local industry requirements and the qualification level.
- PSPETHC401A Uphold and support the values and principles of public service
- PSPGOV402B Deliver and monitor service to clients
- PSPGOV408A Value diversity
- PSPGOV422A Apply government processes
- PSPLEGN401A Encourage compliance with legislation in the public sector
- PSPPOL404A Support policy implementation
- PSPOHS301A Contribute to workplace safety
- PSPOHS401B Implement workplace safety procedures and programs
- PSPGOV403B Use resources to achieve work unit goals
- PSPGOV404B Develop and implement work unit plans
- PSPGOV405B Provide input to change processes
- PSPGOV406B Gather and analyse information
- PSPGOV410A Undertake career planning
- PSPGOV411A Deal with conflict
- PSPGOV412A Use advanced workplace communication strategies
- PSPGOV413A Compose complex workplace documents
- PSPGOV414A Provide workplace mentoring
- PSPGOV415A Provide workplace coaching
- PSPGOV416A Monitor performance and provide feedback
- PSPGOV417A Identify and treat risks
- PSPGOV418A Develop internal and external networks
- PSPGOV421A Exercise delegations
- BSBCMM401A Make a presentation
- BSBEBU401A Review and maintain a website
- BSBITU203A Communicate electronically
- BSBMKG401B Profile the market
- BSBMKG402B Analyse consumer behaviour for specific markets
- BSBMKG507A Interpret market trends and developments
- BSBMKG514A Implement and monitor marketing activities
- BSBREL402A Build client relationships and business networks
- BSBRKG401B Review the status of a record
- BSBRKG404A Monitor and maintain records in an online environment
- BSBSUS301A Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
Approximately 12 months
This qualification has no entry requirements.
$3600 - Payment information
This qualification can be delivered through a Traineeship in the ACT. State and commonwealth funding may be available for eligible participants. Find out more about Traineeship options.
To start training or to find out more, submit your details below and we will be in contact with you immediately.