The Certificate IV in Business qualification reflects the role of individuals who use well‑developed skills and a broad knowledge base in a wide variety of contexts. They apply solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources. They may provide leadership and guidance to others with some limited responsibility for the output of others.
By the end of this qualification participants will be able apply a range of methods, tools, materials and information to:
- Complete routine and non-routine activities, tasks and functions;
- Provide solutions to a variety of predictable and sometimes unpredictable problems;
- Identify, analyse, compare and act on information from a range of sources;
- Apply and communicate technical solutions of a non-routine or contingency nature to a defined range of predictable and unpredictable problems;
- Guide activities and provide technical advice in the area of work and learning.
The type of job roles performed by those completing the Certificate IV in Business could include: Office Supervisor; Clerical Supervisor; Team Leader.
Total number of units = 10
1 core unit plus
9 elective units
5 elective units must be selected from the elective units listed below.
The remaining 4 elective units may be selected from the elective units listed below, or any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course at the same qualification level. If not listed below, 1 unit may be selected from either a Certificate III or Diploma qualification.
Elective units must be relevant to the work outcome, local industry requirements and the qualification level.
- BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- BSBADM405 Organise meetings
- BSBADM409 Coordinate business resources
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
- BSBCUS401 Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies
- BSBCUS402 Address customer needs
- BSBCUS403 Implement customer service standards
- BSBEBU401 Review and maintain a website
- BSBFIA402 Report on financial activity
- BSBINN301 Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBITS401 Maintain business technology
- BSBITU401 Design and develop complex text documents
- BSBLED401 Develop teams and individuals
- BSBMKG413 Promote products and services
- BSBMKG414 Undertake marketing activities
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
- BSBREL401 Establish networks
- BSBRES401 Analyse and present research information
- BSBRSK401 Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- BSBSUS401 - Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- BSBWRT401 Write complex documents
Approximately 12 months
This qualification has no entry requirements.
- Online learning
$3600 - Payment information
This qualification can be delivered through a Traineeship in the ACT which would greatly reduce the price. State and commonwealth funding may be available for eligible participants. Find out more about Traineeship options.
To start training or to find out more, submit your details below and we will be in contact with you immediately.
Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne