The Certificate III in Government qualification covers entry-level competencies for a career in the public sector, with a particular focus on meeting the ethical and legislative requirements of public service while undertaking a diverse range of work activities which are generalist in nature. Electives should reflect the responsibilities of the individual and the job skills required for effective performance.
By the end of this qualification participants will be able apply a range of methods, tools, materials and information to:
- use an extensive range of workplace communication strategies for interacting confidently with internal and external clients.
- maintain professional working relationships with colleagues including cooperating with others in the workgroup, sharing knowledge to complete tasks, making constructive contributions to team work, providing formal and informal feedback on workgroup effectiveness and deal ethically with colleagues, members of the public, suppliers and business contacts.
- resolve situations which pose ethical problems or refer them in accordance with organisational guidelines including interpreting ethical values and principles and review with senior staff to ensure accuracy, managing conflicts of interest, recording decision-making processes used to resolve ethical problems and using models of ethical decision making/problem solving.
- exercise judgment to resolve workplace issues including applying relevant standards and other information applying objective and impartial evaluation of conflicting requirements, using ethical decision making applying workplace procedures relating to ethical work practices, responding to diversity, including gender and disability.
- seek and use feedback from clients and the workgroup to continuously improve personal effectiveness in working with diversity. This includes working with a coach or mentor and identifying areas requiring competency development by comparing current competencies with the competency requirements of current or anticipated duties. Develop a comprehensive knowledge of the organisation's structure and functioning and apply this in accordance with legislation, policy and procedures.
13 units of competency are required for this qualification:
- 4 core units
- 9 elective units
- PSPETH001 Uphold the values and principles of public service
- PSPGEN015 Work effectively with diversity
- PSPGEN019 Use workplace communication strategies
- PSPLEG001 Comply with legislation in the public sector
- BSBWHS301 Maintain workplace safety
- PSPGEN009 Work effectively in the organisation
- PSPGEN010 Contribute to workgroup activities
- PSPGEN014 Organise workplace information
- PSPGEN021 Contribute to conflict management
- BSBCUS301 Delivery and monitor a service to customers
- BSBFLM309 Support continuous improvement systems and processes
- BSBFLM303 Contribute to effective workplace relationships
- BSBWRT301 Write simple documents
Approximately 12 monthsDuration
This qualification has no entry requirements.
$3200 - Payment information
This qualification can be delivered through a Traineeship in the ACT which would greatly reduce the price. State and commonwealth funding may be available for eligible participants. Find out more about Traineeship options.
To start training or to find out more about the Certificate III in Business Administration, submit your details below and we will be in contact with you immediately.