The Certificate III in Business Administration qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply a broad range of administrative competencies in varied work contexts, using some discretion and judgement. They may provide technical advice and support to a team.
By the end of this qualification participants will be able to:
- Apply a broad range of well-developed office skills to routine procedures
- Problem solve day-to-day operational situations
- Perform processes that require discretion and judgement
- Interpret operational information and make well-informed decisions
- Take greater responsibility for their output
The type of job roles performed by those completing the Certificate III in Business Administration could include: Administration Assistant; Clerical Worker; Data Entry Operator; Information Desk Clerk; Office Junior; Receptionist.
Total number of units = 13
2 core units plus
11 elective units
7 elective units must be selected from the Group A units listed below.
The remaining 4 elective units may be selected from the Group A or Group B elective units listed below, or any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course at the same qualification level. If not listed below 2 of the electives units may be selected from a Certificate II or Certificate IV qualification.
- BSBITU307 Develop keyboarding speed and accuracy
- BSBWHS201 Contribute to health and safety of self and others
- BSBADM307 Organise schedules
- BSBFIA302 Process payroll
- BSBFIA303 Process accounts payable and receivable
- BSBFIA304 Maintain a general ledger
- BSBITU302 Create electronic presentations
- BSBITU303 Design and produce text documents
- BSBITU304 Produce spreadsheets
- BSBITU306 Design and produce business documents
- BSBITU309 Produce desktop published documents
- BSBWRT301 Write simple documents
Group B units
- BSBADM302 Produce texts from notes
- BSBADM303 Produce texts from audio transcription
- BSBADM311 Maintain business resources
- BSBCUS301 Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- BSBFIA301 Maintain financial records
- BSBINM301 Organise workplace information
- BSBINM302 Utilise a knowledge management system
- BSBINM303 Handle receipt and despatch of information
- BSBINN201 Contribute to workplace innovation
- BSBITU301 Create and use databases
- BSBITU305 Conduct online transactions
- BSBPRO301 Recommend products and services
- BSBWOR204 Use business technology
- BSBWOR301 Organise personal work priorities and development
- BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
Approximately 12 months
This qualification has no entry requirements.
- Online learning
$3200 - Payment information
This qualification can be delivered through a Traineeship in the ACT which would greatly reduce the price. State and commonwealth funding may be available for eligible participants. Find out more about Traineeship options.
To start training or to find out more about the Certificate III in Business Administration, submit your details below and we will be in contact with you immediately.
Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne